Friday, August 1, 2008

My Husband's view

I feel so blessed to be married to my husband. He is such a pure and loving person. I feel very strongly that God helped us find each other. We met at BYU in Provo Utah through my roommate. We have been married 5 years now. Although we have opposite backgrounds, we seem to be the perfect blend. Here is his story of why he joined The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.



"When I was 19 years old at college I was not looking for a church, but
I did enjoy learning about one of my new college friend's beliefs
through the missionaries. I listened to their messages and asked
questions of curiosity, but felt satisfied with my background in the
Christian Science church. When one day I heard the news that an old
friend from home died, I suddenly had many questions about life and
death which I realized I never really knew the answer to. Would I be
able to see him again, talk to him, tell him I cared? I also started
wondering what life is all about. Why are we here on this earth? Did
I exist before this point in time? The missionaries shared many
truths with me that became some of my most treasured hours in my life.
They had concrete answers, and if they didn't have the answers they
got them. Best of all they told me I shouldn't just believe them, but
I should find some time alone and ask God about the teachings they
were sharing. Although I didn't know everything about The Church of
Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, I did know inside of me that it was
the right path to take. Within the next couple years I had some
unique experiences demonstrating the undeniable existence of God, His
great love for me, and that the teachings of the prophets of this
church are true. Thanks for listening to the missionaries - they can
help you find a peace with God that cannot be found anywhere else".

No comments: