Thursday, August 7, 2008

Forgiveness

At church on Sunday, we talked about forgiveness in Relief Society. Relief Society is the largest organized group of women whose purpose is to give relief to each other through love and service. The meeting was so powerful and I felt the spirit so strong. To try to better explain the way I felt, I will describe it in more detail. I felt warmth flowing through my body. I felt the love of God and Jesus Christ for me. I felt a little emotion. I felt extreme gratitude for my blessings. It was a spiritual high.
One part that really touched me was a woman who stood up and said, "When I first saw the man who killed my husband, I was walking into the courtroom, and I heard the words 'He is a child of God' so I couldn't hate him after that". Wow.

I know that we are all children of a loving Father in Heaven.

No comments: