Thursday, July 3, 2008

Why I am a Mormon - a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (not the polygamists :)

This blog is for anyone who wants to know what goes on in a Mormon's head.  Why are we Mormon?  Why do we serve in the church without pay?  Why do young men and women choose to go out and serve full time missions for 1 1/2 to 2 years?  Why do we say things like "I know this church is true".  Why don't we watch certain movies, drink alcohol, smoke, or drink coffee?  We must be crazy or brainwashed, right?

I must agree that from an outsiders point of view, it can appear that we are all being brainwashed or something.  I was raised a mormon and don't really know what it's like not to be one, but if you are interested, I can tell you what it is like to be one, and hopefully try to prove that i haven't been brainwashed.  My husband didn't join the mormon church until he was 20 years old, so I am pretty sure he wasn't brainwashed.  Maybe later I can get him to share his story.

For now I would like to share different experiences and stories from my life that make me proud to be  Mormon.  

No comments: